Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cumberland Tree Guards

I have reached out to Hilda who runs the block association on Cumberland between Lafayette and Dekalb and got this response:

The tree pits were organized from a special offer from the borough president's office. The city paid for them completely, we just had to organize and get all the residents to sign 'yes' or 'no', as to whether they wanted them. I think that these were organized in 2004, and then put in in the late summer of 2005. I am not sure if this is still an available program.
I think that the woman that he was in touch with at the Borough President's Office was a Ms. Ensler. (but that name is from memory) Another neighbor organized everything.


Next step: I will reach out to the Borough President's office to see if this offer is still valid. If not, I will see if we can get a "Block Association" discount from local iron contractors.

Suggestions welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I called Marty's office and left a message with the woman in charge of this program. They currently don't have the budget but put us on a list for when they do have the budget.

    I'm guessing budget won't be found anytime soon so we may have to do this ourselves.

    ReplyDelete